The Interest of Pinterest

2:05 PM


I have been on Pinterest for a while now and love it. If you aren't on this site, it's okay, I am sure it isn't for everyone. But I find it so fascinating. So a little background. Pinterest is a social website that users can "pin" pictures to their pin boards. Think a virtual cork board. (I had two of those cork boards growing up and I pinned so much stuff to them, they were 3D boards and stuff was waterfalling off of them.) I like it because you can organize what you pin to certain boards.

For example, the categories for boards I have are: Products I Love, Beauty, Crafts, My Style Pinboard, For the Home, Food, Necklaces, Beautiful, Too Cute, Great Party Ideas, Vehicles, Interesting, and Good Ideas. When I see a picture I love or want to reference back to later I pin it to one of those categories. Almost all of the pictures track back to a website. So if I want to do a craft, I click on the picture and most likely the website will tell me exactly how to do it. LOVE IT!

BMW 2002 from the '70's, my favorite car.

I also like to type into the search bar one word and see what comes up. I search what is popular, what my friends are looking at or just categories that people are pinning to.

Wine Cork Giraffe

I need to carve out time to do some of the crafts I have found and I can't wait to make some of the recipes. I know a lot of friends are making delicious meals off the site. My other favorite board is For the Home. I want to implement so many ideas into a house if Hubs and I ever move. You can get lost in Pinterest because so many things are linked to so many websites or other things.

Honey Lime Enchiladas

Pinterest though also makes me feel so inadequate compared to some of the people out there. Some of these crafts or ideas are INGENIOUS! Why didn't I think of that. But I am happy they are sharing.

Curly hair done with a sock

However, with the website becoming increasingly popular, I am afraid of what Pinterest will turn into. I am happy that it is becoming more popular because the wealth of information on the website is fantastic. BUT I am afraid that the quality will become less and less as well. Users will have to wade through a bunch of "pins" that aren't of the utmost quality or interest. Yes we all have different interests but I would hate for what is being posted to be crap.

Great idea for hanging necklaces

As for now, I am still finding wonderful ideas to implement, lust after, or just rave about. I am catching myself referencing to Pinterest in everyday conversation...oops.

So what are you thoughts and feelings on Pinterest? Think it has staying power?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I'm addicted as well! Would you share the link to your boards? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too has pinterest and I like it. I like seeing the things other people are interested in and sharing mine..of course, mine are mostly memes that make me laugh...but I like coming back and seeing them...

    I don't know if it has any staying power...but I like it well enough :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with Pinterest and it seems likes more and more I'm getting new ideas for my future home, and I'm always in the process of figuring out what kind of crafts I want to make to try to prepare my Etsy store. Plus, if I actually ever cooked, I might be able to figure one of these recipe pins out!

      Delete
  3. Finally someone who loves this site as much as I do! I could not agree more about the future of it though as I can already see people utilizing it incorrectly. I dont understand why people cant pin using the proper source....nothing I hate more than finding something I love and then seeing the link for "iphone user"....grrrr...Feel free to follow me Jaclyn LaRotonda as I feel we have similar interests. I used to love stumbleupon.com as well but I feel like this is the woman version with far more options, and being the organizational freak I am I love categorizing everything! Honestly if I spent as much time doing the things I pin about I would have so much cool stuff! I have cooked a few of the recipes and used some of the ideas I have found. Happy Pinning and loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was skeptical at first because it's so much like tumblr (which I already love)but it brings more organization to the mix so I couldn't help but fall in love with it. All of my friends are just as obsessed. I have tried so many recipes and hairstyles thanks to that site. Now I need to do one of the many crafts I have pinned. It's totally here to stay. I'm on there more than facebook these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I had a question about it, find me on Pinterest at AndreaKDennis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! Those Honey Lime Enchiladas are AmAzing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couldnt find u :( Look me up if u like: Jaclyn LaRotonda

    ReplyDelete





Popular Posts