The Birthday 2.0

6:00 PM

Two. Two years since you made your arrival. Two years since Daddy and my lives were changed forever. I am not sure how we got to two years so fast but here we are.


You are walking and talking machine. You never slow down and when you wake up and feet hit the floor it’s 500 miles an hour until bedtime.

I thought we saw a lot of changes during your first year, but this last year brought about so much as well. You can now communicate your feelings, desires and dislikes to us. We can reason with you, and even though you are VERY strong willed, you seem to be getting it. I have seen your feelings for your friends blossom and grow. Your feelings for your family have strengthened as well and I feel my heart burst every time.


I cannot even put into words how much you have learned. You do things, fairly often, that I sit in amazement at. I look at Daddy and ask him, “Where did she learn that?” You never cease to amaze me with that little sponge of a brain. But I am thankful for your school and teachers who have helped you along the way.


Daddy and I have learned that you will never share the color yellow or Elsa, but that you love to eat, sing, dance and be an all-around water baby.

We have had our challenges, but as you get older, our time together is much easier.

Happy Birthday, Maisie-Moo, you are our greatest creation, and we can’t wait to see what this year brings to us. 

 




You Might Also Like

0 comments





Popular Posts